Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beyonce's Male Bashing


Before I start my rant I must first say that Beyonce Knowles is one of the most beautiful and talented women in the world. While some may say her songs with Destiny's Child and her most recent solo work encourage the empowerment of women, i see it differently. Throughout her history in the music business, the lyrics of her songs have bashed men quite harshly...here is my evidence:

"Bills, Bills, Bills" (with Destiny's Child)

calls men "triflin'" and "good for nothing"

"Bug-a-boo"(DC)-A bug-a-boo is a significant other that is very bothersome. "Boo" is a slang term for a boyfriend or girlfriend. The term is further explained in the lyrics.

You make me wanna throw my pager out the window Tell MCI to cut the phone poles Break my lease so I can move 'Cause you a bug a boo, a bug a boo I wanna put your number on the call block Have AOL make my e-mails stop 'Cause you a bug a boo You're buggin' what? You're buggin' who? You're buggin me And don't you see it ain't cool.

"Jumpin' Jumpin" (DC)- tells women to leave to their men and go to the clubs

Ladies leave your man at home....


"Say My Name" (DC)- suspect men of cheating

What's up with this?
Tell the truth, who you with
How would you like it if I came over with my clique


"Bootylicious" (DC)- The song "Bootylicious" features lyrics of a confident woman taunting a man, suggesting that he is not ready because her body is "too bootylicious".

I can't help but wonder why is my vibe to vibalacious for ya babe,
I shake my jelly at every chance


"Me, Myself, and I" (Solo)- another cheating boyfriend song, pretty obvious its anti-men from the title of the song

"Ring the Alarm"(S)-Lyrically the song explains the feelings of a woman who knows she should get rid of her man because of how he is treating her, yet she is worried that he will find someone else and this thought makes her jealous. The thought of another woman benefitting from what she has taught her man causes her to 'ring the alarm' because she'll be 'damned" if she sees another chick on his arm.

"Irreplaceable"(S)- another cheating boyfriend song

You must not know about me.
You must not know about me.
I could have another you in a minute,
matter fact he'll be here in a minute - baby.

These lyrics are just plain mean Beyonce!!

All i gotta say is that Jay-Z better control his woman!!!!!!

No comments: